At Vacherin we believe improved animal welfare means healthier food purchases for our customers and clients which is why we have signed up to the European Chicken Commitment.
This commitment means that by 2026 (at the latest!) 100% of the chicken in our supply chain will meet the following standards:
- Continued compliance with all EU animal welfare laws and regulations, regardless of the country of production
- Implement a maximum stocking density of 30kg/m2 or less. This gives chickens more freedom to move around and consequently prevents sickness and disease
- Thinning is discouraged and if practiced must be limited to one thin per flock
- Adopt less intensive breeding practices
- Meet improved environmental standards including natural light and air quality
- Adopt controlled atmospheric stunning using multi-phase systems or effective electrical stunning without live inversion
- Demonstrate compliance standards via third-party auditing and annual public reporting on progress towards this commitment.
Putting animal welfare at the heart of our purchasing means better food for our customers and clients.